Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wait, What?

I went up on the fan bus to watch the state tournament for wrestling. Seeing the whole team there really made me regret not going out for wrestling this year. I decided to do weightlifting because I thought there wasn't going to be a spot on either team (JV or varsity) for me, and I didn't want to have to put that much time and effort into it. The Albert Lea wrestling team puts tons of time into being good; morning runs on Mondays and Wednesdays, practice everyday after school, lifting, and a tournament or two every weekend. Seeing all the wrestlers out there, I realized how dumb and selfish I was for not wrestling. I mean we had a wrestler who wrestled a match with a totally destroyed knee, risking his baseball career, to help the team get to state. I think if he could do that, I could have sat out a few matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment